This is a hire by TrekrLabs, a partner of Malaysiakini.
TrekrLabs is an Applied Intelligence Lab for the research and development of Internet of Things (IoT) devices and technologies that power urban transit intelligence for a safer, more reliable, adaptive and efficient public transportation, and mobility system in Malaysia and the region. TrekrLabs’ vision is to be a global benchmark of information accessibility; we envision an efficient urban mobility system, allowing people to navigate and flow through a city; connecting workers, industries and ideas, and providing a foundation for economic growth and social welfare development.
You will be at the heart of TrekrLabs’ engineering and technology team – researching and developing IoT hardware and firmware that empowers the various business verticals that TrekrLabs serves, for our customers to deliver a high service standard to the general public. As an IoT Systems Engineer, you are directly responsible for the planning, execution and implementation of TrekrLabs’ various IoT development efforts and projects with state-of-the-art hardware, software and manufacturing processes that push the envelope of industrial IoT applications.
- Report directly to the Chief Technology Officer of TrekrLabs.
- Specify IoT hardware for TrekrLabs development and product iteration efforts.
- capacitors, resistors, IC’s, batteries, connectors, gateway/connectivity modules, etc.
- sensitive to project development requirements and budget against hardware availability, costs, quality, and delivery lead times.
- Integrate sensors with the IoT edge computing/processing units.
- Develop firmware that enables connectivity between the IoT device and cloud services such as Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Design and engineer TrekrLabs’ custom PCB layout and integrated circuit designs at a schematic level.
- Develop TrekrLabs internal standards and hardware documentation.
- Work with circuit board / PCB manufacturers for the on-schedule fabrication of proof-of-concept and production boards.
- Build highly reliable products through validation of product firmware, bootloaders and test code.
- Support the product from its concept to post-release lifespan.
- Work and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that drives innovation and excellence within TrekrLabs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- At least 2 years experience in developing electrical products.
- Experience in the field of IoT architecture design or connected products.
- Experience with Autodesk Eagle or a similar electronic design automation application.
- Must work very well in diverse and multidisciplinary teams.
- Committed to continual learning, research and development of new technologies.
- Highly motivated in changing the IoT and public transportation landscape of Malaysia and Southeast Asia.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field with first class honours. Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering is a plus point.
- Developed numerous industrial IoT and connected devices in the past, from concept to mass production.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP), especially core services relating to IoT (e.g. IoT Core, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, GraphQL, SQL Servers, etc).
- Experience in Machine Learning and its industry standard frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow.
Interested applicants may send their Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org