- Develop the rewards and loyalty programme within the membership programme
- Recruit and coordinate a team of moderators
- Create marketing campaigns to promote the programme and attract sign-ups
- Ensure members understand how to use the programme, through informative campaigns, instructional guidelines, and responding to user questions or problems
- Create and enforce general community guidelines
- Ensure Google News Initiative grant deadlines and requirements are met
- Ensure phases of the membership programme are implemented on time
- Provide monthly updates for stakeholders
- Assist newsroom staff with use of moderation software and interaction with readers
- Selected candidate should be able to complete these responsibilities without supervision.
In what areas will they support others, collaborate where others are leading
- Work closely with the Product team to build and implement enhancements to the platform
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, postgraduate diploma, professional degree, or education/training in the humanities/liberal arts, mass communications or equivalent.
- Proven work experience as a community manager or similar role, especially for online communities
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in a related field is required for this position.
- Able to multitask in a fast-moving environment
- Have experience in planning and leading community initiatives
- Good command of English
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal & IT Skills